GHANA OF INSTITUTE MANAGEMENT AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION GREENHILL, P. O. BOX AH50, ACHIMOTA.
The following adaptations from the Examination Regulations of GIMPA are published to remind candidates of the existence of these rules and to encourage candidates to comply with them throughout the upcoming Examinations.
A) QUALIFICATION TO WRITE THE GIMPA EXAMINATIONS
- Candidates must have taken the course as a regular student over the required period and must have registered for the course.
- Candidates who fail to be present at an examination without satisfactory reason shall be awarded a grade ‘X’.
- Candidates do not owe fees to GIMPA.
- Candidates at an examination shall sign his or her name in the register of candidates for the examination.
- Candidates will be required to produce their ID Cards and place them on the front left hand side corner of their desk for inspection.
B) EXAMINATION ROOM PROHIBITIONS
- Don’t bring to the examination centre or to the washroom of the examination centre any notes, books, cellular or mobile phones, unauthorised electronic devices or any other unauthorised material. Possession of any of these materials, whether switched on or not, shall call for disciplinary action.
- Don’t enter the examination room until you are invited, called or requested to enter the examination room.
- Don’t leave the examination room within the first 30 minutes of the examination session unless you are unwell.
- Don’t leave the examination room; remain seated until the examination scripts have been collected by the invigilators.
- Don’t obstruct or frustrate the work of any examination official.
- Don’t hide unauthorised material on your body. Don’t refuse to submit your body to search, when that becomes necessary.
- Don’t communicate with a fellow candidate in the examination hall or room.
- Don’t pass or attempt to pass information or an instrument to another candidate during an examination.
- Don’t copy or attempt to copy from another candidate.
- Don’t borrow any material from another candidate.
- Don’t use correcting fluid in any examination answer book.
- Don’t take away any answer books, supplementary sheets (whether used or unused) or official examination material from the hall.
SANCTIONS FOR BREACHES
A student who engages in any form of examination malpractices will immediately be asked to complete an examination malpractice form and the examination script held pending investigation and disciplinary action (as necessary). If found culpable, you will receive a grade of Z (disqualification) which will tell anyone looking at your transcript in the future that you were disqualified from the examination because of cheating. This may be in addition to any further action that Academic Board may take against you.
ii. iii. iv.
UNACCEPTABLE REASONS FOR ABSENCE FROM EXAMINATION
Misreading the timetable
Forgetting the date or time of examination
Inability to locate the examination hall
Failure to find transport Loss of a relation
Pregnancy unless certified by a Medical Doctor to make writing of tests and/or examinations impossible or unadvisable.
On my honour as a Greenhill College student, I have neither given nor received unauthorized assistance
NAME OF STUDENT: INDEX NUMBER: PROGRAMME: SIGNATURE