GHANA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (GIMPA)
MOTTO: EXCELLENCE IN LEADERSHIP, MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
P. O. Box AH 50
our Ref:. GIMPA/R0/79N1/221Achimota, Accra
12th October 2020
To All Staff and Students
COMMENCEMENT OF LECTURES FOR FIRST SEMESTER OF 2020/2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
In view of the peculiarity of the Institute and in pursuit of the GIMPA Governing Council’s Letter to the Minister of Education through the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) on the Institute’s plan to resume academic activities online for the first semester of the 2020/2021 academic year, the following reopening arrangements are being announced for the information and necessary action of all staff and students. This is without prejudice to any overriding announcement of the President on the matter.
- Commencement of Lectures: Lectures for the first semester of the 2020/2021 academic year will commence online for all students with the exception of Fresh WASSCE undergraduate students on 19th October 2020.
In line with the President’s directive, new WASSCE undergraduate students will begin their lectures in January 2021.
- Registration- Registration for the first semester will commence on Wednesday 15th October 2020 for all students and end on Wednesday, 18th November 2020. All students are entreated to pay their fees and take advantage of this long registration period to register for the semester. The registration period SHALL NOT be extended after the deadline. Students who do not register for the semester would not have access to the online learning portal and will have to defer the academic year.
lei: (233-0302) 401681-3 Fax: (233-0302) 405806. 400457. 404664 E-mail: [email protected] Website: www.gimpa.edu.gh GIMPA DISTANCE LEARNING CENTRE (D. L. C.) Tel: (233-0302) 405805 E-mail: Website: m,.gdln.org
- School Fees — We are pleased to inform you that, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Management has taken into consideration the plight of students and discounted school fees for the first semester of the 2020/2021 Academic Year for
Online teaching and learning. The discount on school fees applies to the following:
- 10% Waiver of Value Maintenance on Tuition Fees
- Waiver of Sport Levy
- Waiver of Medical Care Levy
Please find attached the details of the original fees for the first semester and the discounted fees payable for the first semester.
- Mode of Delivery of Teaching and Learning — The mode of delivery of teaching and learning for the first semester of the 2020/2021 Academic year will be delivered online via Zoom and Learning Management System (LMS).
Data Package – Management is negotiating for the provision of data packages to all students for the first semester of the 2020/2021 Academic year for the online delivery of teaching and learning for the first semester. The details of the data packages will be communicated in due course.
The Institute may review the fee structure and data packages for students when things return to normalcy and when face-to-face teaching instruction resumes.
Wishing all students the very best for the upcoming semester.
Secretary of the Institute
Dean of Students