Our Ref: SRC/2021/2022/RGS09 22nd APRIL, 2022
Your Ref ………
RE: UPDATE ON REGISTRATION FOR THE FIRST SEMESTER OF THE 2021/2022 ACADEMIC YEAR.
As per the last update on registration sent on the 2nd of April, 2022, The SRC received numerous complaints from students regarding their inability to register despite making full payment of their fees and related penalties. As a result, some students were not able to write the first semester exams.
The SRC accordingly, petitioned the GIMPA Council and concluded with the following decisions:
- Notwithstanding the deadline for students’ registration with the penalty, all students who have paid their fees with a penalty should be registered for the first semester of the 2021/2022 Academic Year,
- This, as detailed in our petition; students who were affected by (1) above will be registered after this semester and a special examination will be organized during a vacation to allow them to take their examination to cover the first semester,
- The SRC would like to inform the general student body, especially students who were affected by these issues, to prepare for the special examination as stated in (2) above,
- The SRC would like to inform all affected students, who were able to write their examination in that semester amidst (1) above, would not write another examination again, the examination written in that semester will be used accordingly,
- The SRC would like to inform the general student body, especially students who were affected by these issues, to register for the second semester as soon as possible to avoid any deferment, any challenge encountered during registration should be reported to I.T for assistance,
- The SRC would like to advise all students to make payments of their fees on time as well as register their courses before the deadlines for registration to avoid any such inconveniences in the future,
- The SRC would like to reiterate that, the Eight (8) weeks of Registration without penalty will end on Friday, 6th May 2022. Registration with the penalty (GHC500.00) will continue to the last day of lectures, Friday, 3rd June 2022.
NANA KWABENA ANTIRI AMOANI