The SRC wishes to inform you all that the following resolutions were made by the Central Administration at a meeting with Deans and Heads of Departments held on Tuesday, July 30, 2019. The Secretary of the institute, Mr. Julius Atipkui in a memo to the Dean of Students hold that,
1. From the 2019/2020 academic year, the Institute would activate the progression model in the ERP/ITS system such that a student who did not register for the previous semester or is trailing a number of courses over the minimum allowed in line with the Institute’s academic regulations, would not be able to register for the subsequent semesters or progress to the next level.
2. The meeting unanimously agreed that there should be a final clean-up of the ERP/ITS before the progression model is activated commencing September 2019.
3. Consequently, the meeting agreed that any student who is trailing in any course(s) may take advantage of the clean-up exercise to redeem themselves subject to fulfilment of the following conditions:
i) The student must pay all outstanding fees up to the second semester of the 2018/2019 academic year by close of day on Friday, August 16, 2019.
ii) The student must pay a penalty of two thousand Ghana Cedis (GHC2,000.00) for this very last dispensation.
iii) Re-sit examinations would be organized for students who fulfil the above conditions at a fee of five hundred Ghana Cedis (GHC500.00) per course for undergraduate programmes and six hundred Ghana Cedis (GHC600.00) per course for postgraduate programmes.
4. Students who do not wish to take advantage of the above dispensation should pay the required fees, register and take any outstanding course(s) at the next available offering as prescribed in the Students Handbook.
5. The meeting further directed in respect of the implementation of the above directives as follows:
i) The re-sit examinations should be conducted from Monday, August 19, 2019 to Friday, August 23, 2019.
- ii) Students’ scripts should be marked, graded and results released by Friday, August 30, 2019.
- iii) All outstanding moderated results from the 2018/2019 second semester examinations
should be entered on the ERP/ITS and released by close of day on Friday, August 2, 2019 to enable students who may be trailing courses take advantage of this
The SRC urges all affected students to take note and act accordingly and inform the SRC of any procedural challenge if it so occur. As always the SRC is here to serve the best interest of the entire students body.
Lana Kissiwah Osei .
General Secretary GIMPA SRC, 2019/2020
SRC President, GIMPA SRC 2019/2020